COVID-19 Golf Rules & Procedures
*Updated June 4, 2020.
Country Club of the Poconos will be opening on Friday, May 1, 2020.
Please take note of the following procedures we are implementing for everyone’s health and safety. Failure to follow comply may result in loss of cart or golf privileges. These preparations include updated sanitizing practices and cart procedures including designated pick up and return areas as well as sanitizing stations.
- Tee Times are mandatory – No walk up play, you will be asked to leave
- Staff members will not handle bags, please load and unload your own golf bags
- Pro-Shop is open (limit 3 people at a time.)
- Masks must be worn in and around the clubhouse.
- To eliminate touch points, no ball washers, bunker rakes. Please do your best to smooth footprints upon exit of all bunkers.
- DO NOT touch flagsticks. All holes have been filled with a pool noodle
- NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL PERMITTED
- Please return golf carts to the return area.
- We ask that all golfers completely empty carts after play, garbage cans will be located around cart return area.
- Small gatherings of 25 or less are allowed on Club grounds. Please follow social distancing guidelines.
- Please practice good hygiene, wash your hands, and bring hand sanitizer with you.
- If you are not feeling good or show sign of any type of illness please stay home. We are all excited to get back out on the course but please be smart about putting yourself or others at risk.
Please check our website and social media pages for updates. If you have any questions, please call or email us directly at 570-223-8099 or email@example.com.
A message from the Middle Smithfield Township Board of Supervisors in regards to COVID-19 and opening Country Club of the Poconos:
Since owning the Country Club of the Poconos Municipal Golf Course, the current Middle Smithfield Township Board of Supervisors realized we have an obligation to our taxpayers to generate income from this asset, decrease the net expense of this asset, and decrease the burden to the taxpayer.
However, we also feel we have a bigger, moral obligation to protect the health, safety and well-being of our residents.
While we have learned that some golf courses have successfully submitted waivers to be considered life sustaining and thus, can open, we have consciously made the decision to keep County Club of the Poconos Municipal Golf Course closed during the COVID-19 Pandemic, since the majority of our golfers come from New York and New Jersey. We are putting the health, safety and well-being of our residents first, and don’t want to do anything to discourage compliance with Stay at Home orders.
We look forward to opening soon.
Middle Smithfield Township Public Works Department announced the closure of Big Ridge Drive between Epic Court/Hawks Nest Road to Legends Court/Old Orchard Drive for bridge replacement beginning on JUNE 10th.
Work is being done by Middle Smithfield Township Public Works Department Monday-Friday, 7 am- 2pm. Bridge replacement will begin on June 10th and the project will last between 6-8 weeks.
Please refer to the below diagram to route your detour prior to closure.